"Nothing last forever...so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off and avoid the bullshits."
-maeyang-

Thursday, November 1, 2007

a tribute to my fave band

Green Day is a pop punk band consisting of Billie Joe Armstrong (lead vocals, guitar), Mike Dirnt (bass) (born Michael Ryan Pritchard), and TrĂ© Cool (drummer) (born Frank Edwin Wright III). I just love this band since I was in elementary where I remember singing ‘Basket Case’ like crazy. The song is about anxiety attacks and a feeling that you are going crazy….well the reason why I love this song might be that I felt a little bit crazy way back then. Billy Joe suffered from various panic disorders while he was growing up. This song stereotypes the whole condition of paranoia and compares it to being stoned.

A basket case is slang for an emotionally unstable, dysfunctional or completely useless person. Originally, the word referred to an amputee, especially a soldier, who had lost all 4 limbs; it was coined during World War I.

Pop rocks and Coke is another from Greenday that I also love, I think this song is about being there for someone…and the title is kinda a joke, because it could mean being dependent on drugs too :P But, I’m going to live in my own little dreamworld and pretend it is about the first meaning, coz it’s such a sweet song :)

And the best song of all: When I come around

I heard you crying loud,
all the way across town
You’ve been searching for that someone,
and it’s me out on the prowl
As you sit around feeling sorry for yourself
Well, don’t get lonely now
And dry your whining eyes
I’m just roaming for the moment
Sleazin’ my back yard so don’t get so uptight
you been thinking about ditching me

No time to search the world around
Cause you know where I’ll be found
When I come around

I heard it all before
So don’t knock down my door
I’m a loser and a user so I don’t need no accuser
to try and slag me down because I know you’re right
So go do what you like
Make sure you do it wise
You may find out that your self-doubt means nothing
was ever there

You can’t go forcing something if it’s just
not right

0 comments: